In all of our schools, you will gain a full insight into child development, current curriculum expectations, up-to-the- minute thinking and educational research and you’ll find out what turns a good teacher into a great teacher.
You’ll be well-supported by the Alliance family, a close-knit group of fellow trainees, dedicated mentors and university tutors, with whom you are likely to form very strong links and friendships that often extend beyond your training year.
What we can offer you
In a School Direct trainee position with us, you will learn to become an enthusiastic, creative and skilful primary teacher.
We pride ourselves on our:
• Personal mentor support – offering you tailored guidance and helping you develop your own personal learning style;
• University tutors – four visits in schools and assignments marked;
• Local partnership schools – a network across the East Midlands that offers excellent opportunities to learn and grow;
• Diversity – whether you’re straight out of university or training later in life for a new career, we’ll support you in meeting your full potential;
• Outstanding practitioners – modelling excellent delivery, planning and subject knowledge;
• School based experience – the preferred key stage placement in a home school, and a shared six week placement in a different key stage with a partner student;
• Additional training – complimenting the university course and relevant to national and local agendas;
• Professional discussion – continual professional development and reflection on practice.
All of our schools are very different, but share the common purpose of bringing out the best in every individual. Our passionate and hard-working staff teams will take every opportunity to support and encourage you through your training year.
What we are looking for
We are looking for high quality trainees with a passion for challenging and inspiring the pupils in our schools. Specifically we are looking for people with:
• good communication skills;
• high standards;
• a wider understanding of the purpose of education;
• a commitment to the provision of excellence.
Schools in our Alliance:
Our schools are based in four different local authorities, and all are within reasonable travelling distance of Nottingham University:
• All Saints CE Infant School and Pre-School, Nottinghamshire
• Selston CE Infant and Nursery School, Nottinghamshire
• Larkfields Infant and Junior Schools, Nottinghamshire
• Banks Road Infant and Nursery School, Nottinghamshire
• Mornington Primary School, Nottinghamshire
• Newbold Primary School, Leicestershire
• Dore Primary School, Sheffield
• Hempshill Hall Primary School, Nottingham City
• Greasley Beauvale Primary School, Nottinghamshire
• Awsworth Primary School, Nottinghamshire
• Hollywell Primary School, Nottinghamshire
Hempshill Hall welcomes trainee teachers. As a School Direct Trainee you will have the opportunity to become an inspirational teacher.
We can provide opportunities in Foundation, Key stage 1 or Key Stage 2. Experienced mentors and class teachers will support you throughout your training year. All children are challenged to achieve their best academically but experience provide a broad and rich curriculum which allows everyone to develop a wide range of talents.
Teaching is an exciting and diverse profession, which means you can go home each day knowing you’ve made a real difference and a valuable contribution to shaping the future of the next generation. It’s a great world to be part of.
School based initial teacher training is now one of the best ways to begin your career in teaching and the School Direct Primary route is proven to be a highly effective and successful one. Our schools will be working closely with the University of Nottingham and the Minster Teaching School Alliance to ensure that you have the very best opportunities to develop your skills in good and outstanding schools. This will be achieved through an integrated programme of theory and school based practice.
You will be a member of the newly established consortium of North Midlands schools working with the Minster Teaching School Alliance and Nottingham University, and as such, you will be a member of a tutor group and participate in a wide range of activities offered by both the MTSA and the Consortium.
Hempshill Hall is a larger than average primary school with over 450 pupils on roll aged from three to 11 years. Ofsted rated us as Outstanding in all areas in April 2015.Our school serves the Hempshill Vale Estate, although many children come from out of catchment from Nuthall, Kimberley and Bulwell. This is quite a mixed intake. We are a popular school and often oversubscribed. The school is situated to the North of Nottingham with excellent transport links into the city, including the NET trams.
For many years we have trained teachers as part of the Nottingham University SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training). In fact six of our current staff were once SCITT trainees.
Welcome to the Midlands Initial Teacher Training Primary Alliance. We are a newly-established partnership of eleven primary schools based in the East Midlands. Several of us have worked together as SCITT schools (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) for a number of years and many of our former recruits are now employed with us.